***LEFT ARM STRUCTURE AND LEFT ARM LIFT, SWING LEFT HAND SHAFT AND HANDS ALONG RIGHT THIGH MAINTAINED ANGLE, SET STERNUM NEARLY HORIZONTAL, BRING RIGHT HIP CLOSE TO RIGHT ELBOW BUT LEAVING A GAP AND MATCH RIGHT THIGH ALMOST PARALLEL TO CLUB SHAFT (NEARLY PARALLEL TO RIGHT FOREARM) AND MAINTAIN THIGH ANGLE THROUGHOUT SWING ARE MOST CRITICAL***
1. ***1st Most Critical On Setup (LEFT ARM STRUCTURE)*** Bend the left elbow slightly and point left hand crease at left relaxed shoulder and maintain throughout swing (this applies to all clubs and all shots), butt end of club pointed just below the belly button line. (use overlap grip)
2. ***2rd Most Critical On Initiation (SETUP WITH SHAFT TO SWING LEFT HAND AND SHAFT OVER LOWER RIGHT THIGH, SWING SHAFT WITH LEFT HAND ALONG RIGHT THIGH MAINTAINED ANGLE, STERNUM ALMOST HORIZONTAL, ENSURE BOTH ARMS ARE RELAXED BEFORE THE LIFT, SETUP WITH HANDS WITH SOME DISTANCE FROM TOP OF HEAD TO PREPARE LEFT ARM STRUCTURE TO LIFT CLOSER TO TOP OF HEAD)*** Setup to swing hands over lower right thigh, swing shaft with left hand along right thigh maintained angle, sternum almost horizontal, ensure both arms are relaxed before the lift, raise hands as if to bring them over the head before setting up, then create some distance between top of head and hands when addressing the ball, initiate swings using relaxed left shoulder critical for shoulder turn and left elbow and rotating chest.
3. ***3rd Most Critical On Swing (BRING RIGHT HIP CLOSE TO RIGHT ELBOW BUT LEAVING A GAP AND MATCH RIGHT THIGH ALMOST PARALLEL TO CLUB SHAFT (AND TO RIGHT FOREARM) AND MAINTAIN RIGHT THIGH ANGLE THROUGHOUT SWING)*** Bring right hip close to right elbow but leaving a gap and set right thigh almost parallel to club shaft (and to the right forearm) and maintain right thigh angle throughout the swing. This improves hip depth through the strike. Setting shaft almost parallel to right thigh for inside sweeping strikes (driver) and setting shaft parallel to left thigh for outside-in steep strikes (irons). Use thighs to generate power.
4. ***4th Most Critical On Backswing (BACKSWING LIFT OF LEFT HAND AND LEFT ARM STRUCTURE CLOSER TO TOP OF HEAD) On backswing, lift left hand 30″, raise the club as if the hands are going above the head, maintaining the left arm and shoulder structure.
5. ***5th Most Critical On Downswing (MATCH RIGHT THIGH ALMOST PARALLEL TO CLUB SHAFT (AND RIGHT FOREARM). FLATTEN THE STERNUM TO MAKE IT HORIZONTAL WITH THE GROUND, WITH LIFTED LEFT HAND AND ARM STRUCTURE CLOSER TO TOP OF HEAD, POINT THE BUTT END OF THE CLUB AWAY FROM THE BODY, THEN TURN THE BODY ALLOWING THE HEAD AND CHEST/RIGHT SHOULDER TO DROP *LEFT HAND SHOULD BE AROUND SHOULDER HEIGHT AT IMPACT*) Match the right thigh almost parallel to the club shaft (and right forearm), flatten the sternum to make it horizontal with the ground, with left hand still lifted 30″ and closer to top of head (this creates left hand distance from left hip and allows the head and chest to drop), POINT the butt end of the club away from the body then TURN the body allowing the chest/head to dip, the right shoulder at the top of the backswing move the right shoulder towards the target keeping it in the raised position, allow the right arm to unfold, use rotation to hit the ball, keeping the left arm structure to guide. Left hand should be raised around shoulder height at impact.
6. ***Other Critical*** On setup hands are further from top of head with an almost horizontal sternum, set right hip close with a gap to right elbow and match right thigh to the club shaft angle, then on backswing arms lift to get closer to top of head, then on downswing FLATTEN THE STERNUM so it feels parallel to the ground with hands staying close to top of head, turn the body while chest/head move down to ball, keeping the right thigh parallel with the club shaft angle.
***Putting Key (SC Phantom X 12, 31″): Center putter with belly button. Hands close to thighs, putter shaft to swing along thigh angle. Right hip close to right elbow but with a gap, align right thigh with club shaft (and right forearm) and use thighs to putt. Set the putter flat on the ground and put it flat. Remember where the putter faces is where the balls goes and is more important than stroke path. Setup ball line, the setup clubface to ball line, eyes over ball then set elbows close under the belly close to the hips – simple back and thru***
***Chipping Landing Zone: Imagine the flag stick is placed where the intended ball is to land. Hit the ball to land on the imaginary flag stick.***