Golf Downswing – Golf lesson and golf tips on how to bring the club down from the top of the swing along a good club path and into impact with the ball.
Get the transition from backswing to downswing right. Next in the golf swing sequence is the transition – the point at which you begin the downswing.
The transition is one of the most important parts of the swing and an area that I see a lot of amateur golfers struggle with. If you start your downswing incorrectly, you’ll lose a lot of power and find it very difficult to control the direction of your shots — at least with any real consistency.
► Downswing Golf Tips – Video Golf Lesson Summary
– The downswing begins when the transition from the top of the swing occurs and ends at the impact with the ball.
– The downswing should be initiated by the hips as they start to uncoil and bump forward slightly, not by the shoulders or hands.
– Your right elbow should come down towards the body and your body weight should begin to shift towards the left foot.
– Your shoulders and hands should begin to uncoil as well but the hinge in your wrist should be kept intact as you bring the club down, in order to avoid casting.
– Your hands should be ahead of the clubhead as you head into impact with the ball. You should keep that lag throughout the downswing.
► More Golf Tips at:
► Subscribe to Free Online Golf Tips:
► Twitter: s