Everyone slices at one point in their development. Steve shows us how to break 80 with a slice. He was having trouble with his swing on the driver but you’ll see, he accepted his situation and just aimed for the shot. He was able to scramble his way to a score that is unbelievable once you see the video.
Steve pretty much employs the Way of the playa when the chips are down. He:
1. Aims for the shot shape, never aiming for the MIRACLE straight shot.
2. Advances the ball toward the green with his best effort to get it to a place he can scramble from.
3. Chips like a BAUS, and holes a putt.
ON TROUBLE HOLES:
1. Hit a bad shot.
2. Hit a shot into a position to hit a good shot. Avoid hitting a stupid shot after a bad shot.
3. Get the ball on or near the green.
4. Chip and putt
5. Eliminate the DOUBLE BOGEYS!!!
Steve is a fighter and has more miles on his clock than most. This guy is tough and never backs down. That means he fights for every shot, never giving up on a hole because he intrinsically understand the way of the Playa is to BE YOURSELF, BE YOUR BEST, IMPROVE, FIGHT, STOP WHINING, STFU and JAM and get that little ball in that little hole no matter wat in the least number of strokes.
WHY CAN’T YOU?! The guy has a bad knee, could barely walk between the cart and the ball. He has a poor back that lasts about 11 holes. You can be anything youw ant to be, but release your prohibitive self-image to be the self-image you dream of. You can’t out perform whatever you think of yourself. So don’t be a victim. Be a winner.