SPRINGVILLE, Utah – The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) women’s golf team kicks off the fall season at the 2019 Hobble Creek Fall Classic starting on Monday at Hobble Creek Golf Course.
• Monday will feature two rounds with teams teeing off starting at 8:30 a.m.
• Tuesday will have the final 18 holes with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m.
• There will be a different format on day one as all five members of each team will be playing together. Pairings for the final round will be based on scores.
Golf Course Info
• Hobble Creek Golf Course plays 6,135 yards long.
• The par for the course is 71.
• Utah Valley
• Boise State
• Cal Poly
• Cal State Fullerton
• California Baptist
• Incarnate Word
• New Mexico State
• Northern Arizona
• Northern Colorado
• Portland State
• Sam Houston State
• Santa Clara
• Southern Utah
• Weber State
The Starting Lineup
• Tilda Green
• Samantha Garza
• Rachel Yu
• Julie Lucio
• Briana Garza
Starting Off the Year
• Tilda Green earned the No. 1 spot in qualifying to open the fall season and is looking to get off to a strong start in her senior season.
• Samantha Garza will be making her collegiate debut this week. She challenged for the top spot in qualifying and will be going in this week at the No. 2 spot.
• Rachel Yu had to redshirt the 2018-19 season after dealing with a nagging injury and will tee it up in her first tournament since the 2018 Hobble Creek Fall Classic.
• Julie Lucio will play in her first fall season tournament after joining the program in the spring. Lucio competed in all six tournaments in the spring and led the team with a 76.11 stroke average.
• Briana Garza played in nine of 10 events in 2018-19 and looks to get her junior season off to a good start after posting a 79.58 stroke average.
Last Year at Hobble Creek Classic
• UTRGV finished in 10th place in the 2018 Hobble Creek Fall Classic with a three-round score of 918 after posting rounds of 303, 310, and 305.
• Tulsa took first place with a three-round score of 877 with rounds of 295, 292, and 290.
• Southern Utah’s Chanikan Yongyuan won the individual title with a three-uner three-round score of 210.
• Tilda Green posted the team’s best finish as she came in tied for 18th with a three-round score of 224 after carding rounds of 72, 78, and 74.
• Briana Garza came in tied for 24th with rounds of 77, 74, and 75 for a three-round score of 226.
• Rachel Yu finished tied for 61st with a three-round score of 240 with rounds of 77, 78, and 85.
• Sept. 30-Oct. 1 @ Bearkat Invitational
• Oct. 7-9 @ New Mexico State Aggie Invitational
• Oct. 20-22 @ Pat Bradley Invitational